The Windsor Elms Village is an Eden Alternative Registered Home.
The Eden Alternative 10 Principles
1. Loneliness, helplessness, and boredom are painful and destructive to our health and well-being.
2. A caring, inclusive and vibrant community enables all of us, regardless of age or ability, to experience well-being.
3. We thrive when we have easy access to the companionship we desire. This is the antidote to loneliness.
4. We thrive when we have purpose and the opportunity to give, as well as receive. This is the antidote to helplessness.
5. We thrive when we have variety, spontaneity, and unexpected happenings in our lives. This is the antidote to boredom.
6. Meaningless activity corrodes the human spirit. Meaning is unique to each of us and is essential to health and well-being.
7. We are more than our medical diagnosis. Medical treatment should support and empower us to experience a life worth living.
8. Decision-making must involve those most impacted by the decision. Empowerment activates choice, autonomy, and influence.
9. Building a collaborative and resilient culture is a never-ending process. We need to keep learning, developing, and adapting.
10. Wise leadership is the key to meaningful and lasting change. For it, there can be no substitute.