Volunteering at the Elms
We Welcome Volunteers !
Special Message to Our Volunteers:
The Windsor Elms Village continues to monitor the ongoing situation related to COVID-19. We adhere to recommendations of the Nova Scotia Chief Medical Officer of Health as this situation continues to evolve, with a mandate to minimize contact with people who are older, especially those who are older and have chronic conditions.
Therefore, community groups and volunteers will be prohibited from entering the Home until further notice. However, we welcome applications from those who would like to volunteer at the Windsor Elms Village in the future !
For community individuals who are considering volunteering at the Windsor Elms Village in the future !
We have a home full of seniors that could benefit greatly from your dedication and generosity. Volunteerism is very important to assist in enhancing our resident’s quality of life. A volunteer is an important asset to our building, and we appreciate any amount of time, large or small, you have to offer us. Volunteering opportunities are always available, and there are many to choose from. If you have a talent or skill you would like to share with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us. These are some of the assets where we need your help:
- Provide assistance with parties, teas, and other recreation programs
- Join our knitting group
- Help coordinate a new walking program
- Calling bingo and assisting with bingo
- Assist with a craft or run a craft group
- Friendly visiting, reminiscing of old times and photos, reading a local newspaper
- Playing cards or table games (scrabble, checkers, etc.)
- Playing any musical instruments, or provide a singing voice
- Sewing for residents
- Helping residents get to activities outside the building
- Transporting residents to church services, outings, appointments etc.
- Assisting with bus trips
- Walking with/wheeling residents indoors or outside
- Writing letters
- Mealtime Assistance
- Visiting with your pets
- Sharing a skill, talent, interest or hobby
- Sitting with palliative residents
There are always numerous opportunities and an ongoing need for volunteers here at the Windsor Elms Village. We hope you will join our team, and take part in our self-rewarding experience. We ask that you have a police record check done and bring it in with the attached forms. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call.
YOUTH VOLUNTEER PROGRAM AT THE WINDSOR ELMS VILLAGE – MANY TEENS 12 YRS AND OLDER ENJOY A REWARDING AND FULFILLING EXPERIENCE WHEN VOLUNTEERING AT THE ELMS – Call Tanya Carey 902 798 2251 ext. 247 or email her at Tanya.Carey@winelms.ca
(902) 798 2251 ext. 247